Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Day I Said Yes To Christ - Benji Wong

I am remembering Gan Teong Wee.

Remember when I said how I had raged against God when I heard about Teong Wee's death? Well, one of the things I did during that time was to also make a promise to myself and to God that I would never be "God's spokesperson" again.

Thankfully, looking back, it turns out that I didn't have to be God's spin doctor anyway - He did a great job speaking for Himself (In fact, He has continued to do so throughout my life). However, one of the most memorable ones came in the form of an email from a young Private in the 2nd Subang Jaya Company.

This is also archived here.
 
THE DAY I SAID 'YES' TO CHRIST 

I’m Private Benji Wong from 2nd Subang Jaya Company .This is about how I became a Christian through the Boys Brigade. When I first joined BB I wasn't a Christian. I actually join BB because I liked the uniform and the drill best. I did not know how to pray and I didn't bother asking because I don't believe that there is a God. Challenging my fellow BB members was my favorite past time because they do not answer my challenge and I assume that I win all the time.

I always thought who wrote the Bible and who spread the word around. I was a very bad boy before accepting Christ because I always swear and even just for the fun of it. I only accept Christ on the night of Cpl Bennie Gan Teong Wee’s funeral (25/01/2003) which really touched my heart and feeling. The whole day even during BB meeting back in my Company I was thinking and asking myself lots of questions like is the Bible really true?

On my way home I felt something and I started thinking of Teong Wee. When I got home I ran up to my room and started asking questions, surprisingly heard a voice. At first, I thought it was my imagination but then I think its God who answered all my questions. I then broke down and confess all my sins to Him and also accepted Christ on that moment. From that night onwards I knew for myself that God is really real.

On the following night (26/01/2003) as I was praying I suddenly broke down but there was this voice and I felt like some one or some thing was patting my back. It was very comforting. The voice said something like 'shhhhh' and it was getting softer and softer.

Finally, I want to thank my buddie Private Grace Tan who helped me and calming me thru this peril moment. She’s a good friend and she’s always there for me when ever I needed help or a shoulder to cry on.

Teong Wee is a person I won't forget although I have not met or talked to him before because he is the one who showed me the correct path to God. I now treat him as my brother in Christ. Thanks to every one who take the effort to read my testimony. Thank you God for saving Teong Wee and me. Thanks and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will try to get back to you shortly.

Please note that I have also reserved the right to moderate comments.