Friday, July 01, 2011

Time To Open The Book Again!

It's been so, so, so very long since The Book of Wong opened! Taking it off the shelf, I had to practically blow off about 3 years worth of dust before I could deftly creak the spine of the book and peruse the pages within.

I smiled many times looking through the posts... so much has changed since I last updated here.

Since then, I have taken a step back from active duty as an Officer to devote time and energy to my family - I have two young Boys of my own now. However, when one bleeds Blue, it's very hard to completely stay away. So throughout my time away from active duty, I have still found time to get involved here and there.

Sometimes, it's a special project with 1st KL - for anniversaries, for Pesta, and such. At other times, it was a special project for BBM. Then, of course, there was all that "unofficial" stuff - meeting the Officers of today and encouraging them on in the BB Ministry... stirring their minds with ideas and dreams as we plot goodness to advance Christ's kingdom.

So why have I opened The Book of Wong again?

Well, the short answer is that I can't stay away. In fact, as I like to say, I never left... Boys just don't see me during Parade only! I've decided to step up my involvement in the BB (particularly 1st KL) a little bit more - from one-off projects to something a little "backroom" and "remote".

Also, with the latest developments happening in KL State, I might get my hands dirty there too... albeit just from behind the scenes.

I also want to document and archive my BB adventure in the pages herein... so that's probably a new addition to the chapters within The Book of Wong.

Well, let's see how that turns out. Drop a comment if you'd like to interact.

2 comments:

  1. Hi giok leigh , can't believe I can read your article here again . I thought you were going to terminate this blog .

    May our Father Lord bless you and keep you in The Boys' Bridge ministry ~

    Would looking forward for more chapters in your blog ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Po Ling, I think I also surprised myself in re-activating this blog! I think, as I mentioned, if your blood is "Blue" coloured, one can't really stay away from BB. I have been helping behind the scenes here and there since stepping down from active duty - but have recently volunteered to play a role that's a little bit more active than just waiting for special projects to roll by.

    I also feel that, now that I'm not an "Saturday Parade active duty Officer" per say, I can afford to reminisce a little bit more about my BB life.

    All of this has played a role in inspiring me to re-activate this blog.

    I hope you are well! I miss keeping in touch with you since you got back from England!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I will try to get back to you shortly.

Please note that I have also reserved the right to moderate comments.